OSC: 1224 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212
We will have a WebEx stream of the meeting if you cannot attend:
- Meeting number: 648 687 796
- Meeting password: [none]
- Join by phone:
- Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
The purposes of the SUG meeting are to highlight new scientific developments produced using OSC resources, foster connections between OSC staff and the SUG members, and obtain constructive feedback as to the future of OSC and its role in supporting science across Ohio.
During the morning meeting (starting at 10:00 a.m.), there will be a ‘Face OSCHelp’ session, enabling interactions between the current/potential OSC clients and OSC staff. In the afternoon, we will host two half-hour keynotes on areas of interest to OSC clients.
Free lunch and afternoon appetizers will be provided. After the SUG meeting, we will reconvene in one of the active social neighborhoods of Columbus for drinks, dinner and networking.
To register, please complete the registration form below. If you have any questions feel free to contact Heidi Hamblin at OSC.
Flash Talk & Poster Competition
We will have a ‘flash talk’ session and a poster session to highlight the research and emerging ideas from OSC clients. Talks and posters will be selected from abstracts submitted via the registration form. We will contact you on May 2nd to nofity you of your flash talk or poster acceptance. At that time, a link will be provided for you to upload your flash talk file or poster file for printing; you can also upload now. Flash talk files are required by May 31st.
- Presented flash talks and posters will be awarded 1,000 RUs on OSC systems
- The flash talks and posters will be judged. The first-place talk and poster each will receive a grant of 5,000 RUs and be highlighted in OSC’s annual Research Report. The second-place talk and poster each will receive a grant of 2,500 RUs
- All posters will be displayed to the public in the hallways of OSC
- The posters should be 32" tall and 45" wide.
We encourage posters by students just starting their work, to show creative ideas on how high performance computing will enhance their research.
OSC offers to print out posters. An online form to upload your poster file will be given to you when your poster has been accepted; you can also upload now. The file submissions for printing are required by May 23rd.
- Submission of Abstracts for Poster and Talks - May 1st
- Notification of Acceptance - May 2nd
- Optional submission of poster image files for printing at OSC - May 23rd
- General Registration Deadline - May 31st