(OPTIONAL) Adding InCommon Authentication
Adding InCommon authentication to your Globus account allows you to login to Globus Online using your university credentials. Using this process you can store your Globus username password for safe keeping, and instead use your university username and password to login. If your already logged in to your university authentication system, logging in to Globus can be as simple as two clicks away.
To use this feature, your university needs to be a InCommon participant. Some Ohio universities active in InCommon include: Ohio State University, Case Western University, Columbus State Community College, Miami University, Ohio Northern University, Ohio University, University of Findlay, University of Dayton, and many more.
For a complete list, visit https://incommon.org/participants/ .
To add InCommon Authentication:
- Login to Globus Online
- Go to "Manage Identities" under your username
- Click "Add External Identity"
- Choose a name for the Identity Settings.
- Choose InCommon / CILogon from the drop down menu
- On the next page, choose your University / Identity Provider
- Click "Remember this selection"
- Click "Log on"
- You may be prompted to login to your university authentication system if you are not already
When you go to login next, click "alternative login" and then "InCommon / CILogon". Select your university on the next page, and login using your university credentials. Globus will remember this preference, and automatically prompt you to login using your university authentication next time.