For more information, contact:
Jennifer Teig von Hoffman
Boston University AGTP Lead
Access News Release -- February 11, 2004 -- The Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), along with three state medical centers, has received $350,000 for pediatric cancer research as part of the federal FY2004 Omnibus Appropriations bill.
The Access Grid Training Project (AGTP) group at Argonne National Laboratory, Boston University, National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), and Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) announced today the release of two new on-line WebCT tutorials: Installing and Configuring AG 2.1.2 on Personal and Room-Based Nodes: A Guide for Novice Technical Users and Access Grid Video Toubleshooting: An Elementary Guide for Technical Users.
"Our new tutorial on installing AG Toolkit 2 is an excellent addition to the existing materials on this topic, and will make it easier for sites upgrading from AG Toolkit 1, as well as new sites starting from scratch," said Jennifer Teig von Hoffman, Boston University AGTP Lead. "The tutorial on troubleshooting video is also a significant contribution to the AG community. We've had many requests over the years for documentation and training on this subject, and are glad to provide it now," said Teig von Hoffman.
The user-friendly courses are part of a series of nine AG tutorials. Seven of the tutorials target technical users while the other two address topics of interest to non-technical users and decision makers. The tutorials take you from determining whether or not your organization will benefit from an AG, through installing, configuring, and operating (including troubleshooting) an AG. The tutorials include:
- Overview for Decision Makers
- Introduction to AG Toolkit 2.x: An Elementary Guide for Technical and Non-Technical Users
- How to Build and Install an Access Grid Node (AGN): An Elementary Guide for Technical Users
- How to Operate an Access Grid Node (AGN): An Elementary Guide for Technical Users
- How to Produce an Access Grid Event: An Elementary Guide for Technical Users
- How to Set Up an Access Grid Meeting: An Elementary Guide for Non-Technical Users
- Introduction to Access Grid Troubleshooting: An Elementary Guide for Technical Users
- Access Grid Multicast Network Troubleshooting: A Guide for Technical Users
- Access Grid Audio Troubleshooting: An Elementary Guide for Technical Users
You can find the on-line tutorials at http://webct.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8900/public/AGIB/.