Principal Investigators of OSC projects are responsible for updating their authorized user list, their outside funding sources, and their publications and presentations that acknowledge OSC. All of these tasks can be accomplished through the ARMSTRONG portal (https://armstrong.osc.edu). PIs are also responsible for monitoring their project's Resource Unit balance and for submitting a proposal to the Allocations Committee of the Statewide Users Group before the balance goes negative. Projects with negative balances are subject to restrictions, causing submitted jobs to have lower priority in the queue.
Allocation managment for Ohio-based academic projects
Eligible Principal Investigators must be tenure-track faculty members or permanent research scientists at Ohio colleges or universities. All other researchers, such as postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, and undergraduate students, may be authorized users under a project led by an eligible PI.
Principal Investigators who plan to submit a proposal for additional resource units should have the following information ready when they fill out the application form at https://www.osc.edu/supercomputing/additional_resources :
- names and email addresses of new authorized uses
- names and email address of two or three suggested reviewers
- document with performance reports and justification for request
- electronic version of resume
- list of publications and presentations that acknowledge OSC
- proposal text (approximately 5 pages for standard (10,000 RUs); 5-10 pages for major (30,000 RUs); at least 10 pages for Discovery (more than 30,000 RUs)
- document with other pertinent information (optional)
Once a proposal has been vetted for sending out for review, any restrictions that have been incurred owing to a negative balance will be lifted. The Allocations Committee meets early in each odd-numbered month, and awards are made after the meeting.
Allocation managment for purchased cycles
Please disregard any RU messages or instructions to apply for additional resources. If you have any billing questions, please consult your contact with OSC.