The OSC Starter Kit provides a suite of programs to help you access the OSC High Performance Computing (HPC) systems securely and easily from your Windows computer.
- Drag-and-drop file transfers to and from the HPC shared filesystem.
- One-click terminal sessions with limited support for graphical applications.
- Links to helpful OSC websites, including our account management and social networking portal, ARMSTRONG.
System Requirements. The OSC Starter Kit requires a computer running Windows XP or later with 50 MB of free disk space.
- When starting a terminal session, you will be prompted first for your username, then for your password. Both of these boxes will obscure your input with dots, so be sure to type carefully.
- Some menu options in WinSCP, the bundled file transfer program, suggest that you can execute commands on the remote server. Please do not use these features, as this server is intended for file transfer only.
- Support for graphical applications is currently limited. You may experience significant variations in responsiveness depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- If you experience any difficulties installing or using the Starter Kit, please contact us at email@example.com.