Your application and associated materials will be reviewed at our bi-monthly Allocation Committee meetings; you may continue to compute while you await decision. Any negative balance accrued will be taken from the future award and no negative balance restrictions will/would be applied to your project.
Please refer to our table below for information on our different project levels.
|Startup||5,000||Project for Ohio academics to begin work with OSC.||
||Beginning project for Ohio academic eligible PIs; one startup per PI.|
|Classroom||5,000||Allow students to learn high performance computing or to apply high-performance computing to a particular subject; use of software applications available at OSC.||
||Duration: one school term or specific end date. If more RUs are needed, this is allowed.|
|Standard *||between 5,000 and 10,000||For researchers with moderate high-performance
||Peer-reviewed. Please add the name and email address of at least two reviewers.|
|Major *||between 10,000 and 30,000||For researchers with significant
high-performance computing use.
|Peer-reviewed. Please add the names and email addresses of at least three reviewers in appropriate section of on-line application form.|
|Discovery *||>30,000||For researchers with intensive high-performance computing use.||Peer-reviewed. Please add the name and email address of at least three reviewers in appropriate section of on-line application form.|
* Please review information about the necessary file uploads and the associated examples.
- Include a list of publications since the last award.
- Must indicate which publications cite the use of OSC.
- Should include a detailed description of the problem you are investigating and the scientific or technical basis of the investigations.
- Include past results and plans for using the requested allocations.
- The proposal will be peer-reviewed for scientific / technical merit and appropriate use of high-performance computing platforms; make sure to include sufficient detail to allow reviewers to make informed recommendations.
- Justification of the RUs being requested; i.e. how did you come up with the estimated request?
- example jobs
- # of job runs
- How code has been optimized (home-written code?)
- Software and programs being used.
** As for any federal funding agency, you may not re-submit replicate application materials if they have been previously submitted to the OSC Allocations Committee and funded! A new or significantly updated proposal is expected for each review.
Questions? Please contact OSC Help.