Ohio Supercomputer Center
The downtime is expected to be extended to 7 PM Jan 7, 2020.
A downtime for all OSC HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Jan 7, 2020. The downtime will affect the Pitzer, Ruby and Owens Clusters, web portals and HPC file servers. Login services, except for my.osc.edu, will not be available during this time. OSC clients are able to log into my.osc.edu during the downtime but no changes will take place until the downtime is completed.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., Jan 7, 2020. Jobs that are not started will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- On Ruby, Project and Scratch filesystem mounts moving from GPFS to NFS in preparation for the storage expansion
- Red Hat 6 is not supported for version 5 of the IBM Spectrum Scale file system.
- We expect a short disruption of access to license servers as we make network changes
- Updates to Kernel and OS packages on all systems
- Updating Pitzer Ethernet network switch firmware
- Updating the default version of MVAPICH from 2.3 to 2.3.2
- Security scans of compute nodes
- Singularity Updated from 3.4.1 to 3.5.2