FY24 fee changes
There are currently no planned pricing changes for FY24. OSC has not completed the pricing analysis; more details will be coming.
FY24 budgets: Action may be required
- By default, the majority of budgets have an expiration of Friday, June 30, 2022.
- Most Ohio academic clients will need to set new budgets for FY24 before June 30 to avoid service disruption, depending on the project type as detailed below.
- As a reminder, the project budgets can only be managed by the project PI or a project administrator designated by the PI.
Ohio academic clients
Research projects - ACTION REQUIRED
If you use OSC for research, you will need to set up FY24 budgets if you have not already done so. It may be helpful to review the updated service costs FAQ page for a video explaining how to create and manage budgets and additional details about budgets, fees, and institution-specific instructions.
To review your FY23 usage, PIs and project admins can log into MyOSC and go to “Projects -> Billing Statements” in the menu and select “Current FY Billed and Un-Billed Usage (estimated)” to see the total usage from 7/1/2022 until today without applicable credits or discounts. You can use this information to estimate your projected FY24 usage. PIs can also utilize the OSCusage command.
Do the following to create your budget for each project you want to use in FY23:
- Log into MyOSC
- Open the project details
- Select “Create a new budget”
- Select “Add or replace the FUTURE budget” to set the FY24 budget
- Confirm your budget dates on the budget review page before submitting
- You will receive an email that your application has been submitted.
If you don’t have a current active budget, you will not be able to set up the FY24 budget. First, set a current budget for FY23 and then follow the instructions above. Alternatively, you can contact OSC Help.
You can check the term on your classroom project by looking at the budget expiration date. Feel free to contact us at OSC Help.
Ohio academic research credits
OSC will automatically issue the $1,000 annual research credit for FY24 to Ohio academic PIs when their project becomes activated. Any remaining FY23 credits will expire on June 30, 2022.
In exchange for your credit in FY23, please assist OSC by reporting your publications, funding, and student successes. Your reports provide data we can use to help justify continuing state support and argue for expanded subsidies. Report your publications and funding on MyOSC and complete this survey to report your student successes.
Commercial, nonprofit and other clients
If you are not an Ohio academic user, no action is required; OSC manages budgets for you (or has set unlimited budgets for your projects). You can visit the FAQ to learn more about budgets. If you would like to create them for your projects to control your resource usage (optional), please contact us at OSC Help.