1224 Kinnear Rd. Columbus, OH 43212
We are pleased to invite you and your group to attend the Statewide Users Group meeting on October 6, 2016 at the Ohio Supercomputer Center in Columbus. More information and registration is below.
The purposes of the SUG meeting are to:
- highlight new scientific developments produced using OSC resources
- foster connections between OSC staff and the SUG members
- obtain constructive feedback as to the future of OSC and its role in supporting science across Ohio
During the morning, our Hardware and Software committees would like to welcome all of our users to their meetings. OSC Help will be present to answer questions throughout the day, in order to enable interactions between the current/potential OSC clients and OSC staff. We will host two half-hour keynotes on areas of interest to OSC clients.
Free lunch and afternoon appetizers will be provided. After the SUG meeting, we will reconvene in one of the active social neighborhoods of Columbus for drinks, dinner and networking (not sponsored by OSC).
To register, please complete the registration form below. If you have any questions feel free to contact OSC Help.
Flash Talk & Poster Competition
We will have a ‘flash talk’ session and poster session to highlight the research and emerging ideas from OSC clients. Talks and posters will be selected from abstracts submitted via the registration form. We will contact you to nofity you of your flash talk or poster acceptance. At that time, a link will be provided for you to upload your flash talk file or poster file for printing; you can also upload now. NOTE: OSC offers to print out posters free of charge. Flash talk and poster files for printing are required by September 24th.
- Presented flash talks and posters will be awarded 1,000 RUs on OSC systems
- The flash talks and posters will be judged. The first-place talk and poster each will receive a grant of 5,000 RUs and be highlighted in OSC’s annual Research Report. The second-place talk and poster each will receive a grant of 2,500 RUs
- All posters will be displayed to the public in the hallways of OSC
- The posters should be 32" tall and 45" wide.
We encourage posters by students just starting their work, to show creative ideas on how high performance computing will enhance their research.
Flash talk winners will be determined by the audience. OSC leaders and judging volunteers will determine poster winners.
To learn how these competitions will be scored, please see the documents below.
In order to volunteer as a poster judge, you must not be a participant in the competition. If you'd like to volunteer, please contact OSC Help. Alternatively, this will show up on your registration if you are eligible to judge.
Notification of Acceptance
General Registration Deadline
- Meeting number: 646 482 000
- Meeting password: [none]
- Join by phone:
- Can't join the meeting? Contact support.