Ohio Supercomputer Center
A downtime for all HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018. The downtime will affect the Oakley, Ruby and Owens Clusters, web portals and HPC file servers. Login services, including my.osc.edu, and access to storage will not be available during this time.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., Oct. 23, 2018. Jobs that are not started will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- Regular systems maintenance
- Filesystem upgrades
- Ethernet switch upgrades
- Planned deployment of a new version of my.osc.edu
- Reboot license server, including the state-wide license (Altair Hyperworks, TotalView, Intel Compiler, ArcGIS)
- Deployment of new submit filter
- The returned memory limits will be in MB rather than GB
- Jobs submitted to restricted projects will be rejected
Please note that the last item is the replacement of the existing my.osc.edu and app.osc.edu, in addition to a number of the internal account and project maintenance tools, with our brand new client portal. This is a complete replacement of our accounting and management infrastructure that we have been working on for several years. You will find my.osc.edu will contain all of your project and account maintenance tasks, along with rich reporting tools.
Features include (but are not limited to):
- Self-signup for accounts; management of contact information
- PIs or their designates can manage user access to research projects
- Ability to report funding and publications relevant to your use of OSC services
- Grant application process for new projects and renewed projects
- Ability to run custom reports on usage and annotate jobs
We will be sending out more information in the coming weeks, as the tool is in final regression testing now.