Virtual meeting. Zoom URL will be sent out after registration.
OSC will host a webinar "RNA-Seq Data Analysis at OSC" on July 23, 2020 from 1:00 to 5:00pm. This is one in a series of workshops on analysis of RNA-Seq data using the R Statistical and Programming environment at OSC. The second workshop will be held on July 30, 2020 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. See event information for Day 2 workshop HERE.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Preprocessing of RNA-Seq count data
- Fitting Generalized Linear Models to normalized count data
- Hypothesis testing to identify differentially expressed genes
Who Should Attend: While any OSC user is welcomed to attend, materials covered in these workshops will be relevant to researchers (PIs, research scientists, postdocs, staff, graduate students) involved in biological and biomedical research.
- Prior knowlegde of R Statistical program, or a basic understanding of programming concepts such as variables and objects
- A basic understanding of statistical concepts such as probability distributions and linear models.
Method of Delivery: Slide presentation and open discussion.
Registration for the event is closed.
Connection details will be provided to registrants before the session.