Ohio Supercomputer Center
A downtime for all OSC HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday, December 15, 2020. The downtime will affect the Pitzer and Owens Clusters, web portals, state-wide licenses, and HPC file servers. Login services will not be available during this time, including MyOSC.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., December 15, 2020. Jobs that are not started will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- Switch to Slurm for job scheduling and resource management on Owens. See slurm migration page for details.
- Updates to the software environment on Owens for Slurm compatibility. See owens slurm environment changes page for details.
- Regular systems maintenance
- Changes to network routing and firewall configuration
- Switching to clustered cron for cluster login nodes
- Upgrade to Globus v5.4