Ohio Supercomputer Center
A downtime for OSC HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday, December 13, 2022. The downtime will affect the Pitzer, Owens and Ascend Clusters, web portals, and HPC file servers. MyOSC (the client portal) and state-wide licenses will be available during the downtime.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will not start jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., December 13, 2022. Jobs that are not started on clusters will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- Transition to new upstream identity management servers
- MOFED upgraded from 4.9 to 5.6
- GPFS upgraded from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- Regular systems maintenance including hardware, software, and network
- Clean up scratch data due to ESS migrations