Ohio Supercomputer Center
A downtime for all HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, 2018. The downtime will affect the Oakley, Ruby and Owens Clusters, web portals, and HPC file servers. Login services, including my.osc.edu, and access to storage will not be available during this time.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., March 14, 2018. Jobs that are not started will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- Migrate OnDemand apps (abaqus, ansys, comsol) from Oakley to Owens.
- Remove some software pacakges from Oakley. See each software page for more information: https://www.osc.edu/resources/available_software/software_list
- Storage systems, and file systems maintenance
- Database server migration to new servers, and version upgrade
- Moab scheduler upgrade to version 9.1.2, and Torque resource manager upgrade to version 6.1.2