Ohio Supercomputer Center
A downtime for all HPC systems is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Feb 5, 2019. The downtime will affect the Pitzer, Ruby and Owens Clusters, web portals and HPC file servers. Login services, including my.osc.edu, and access to storage will not be available during this time.
In preparation for the downtime, the batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot be completed before 7 a.m., Feb. 5, 2019. Jobs that are not started will be held until after the downtime and then started once the system is returned to production status.
Highlights of the downtime activities include:
- Network changes for functionality and security enhancements
- Changes to the InfiniBand fabric to remove the Oakley cluster
- BIOS and firmware updates on Pitzer and Owens clusters
- Spectrum Protect (aka GPFS) upgrades
- Driver upgrades to prepare for NVIDIA CUDA version 10
- Reboot license server, including the state-wide license