1224 Kinnear Rd. Columbus, OH 43212
Registration has not opened yet.
The purposes of the SUG Conference are to:
- foster connections
- update OSC's user base on the Center's direction
- highlight new scientific developments produced using OSC resources
- obtain constructive feedback as to the future of OSC and our role in supporting science across Ohio
We will host a keynote address within an area of interest to OSC clients. Free lunch and afternoon appetizers will be provided. In order to enable interactions between the current/potential OSC clients and OSC staff, our staff will be present to answer questions throughout the day.
Questions? Please contact OSC Help.
April Information and Deadlines
Poster and Flash Talk Registration Deadline: TBD
Notification of Poster/Flash Talk Acceptance: TBD
Registration Deadline: TBD
Poster Judge Confirmation: TBD
Poster/Flash Talk File Submission: TBD
Flash Talk & Poster Competition
We will have a flash talk and poster session to highlight the research and emerging ideas from OSC clients. Talks and posters will be selected from abstracts submitted via the registration form. We will contact you to notify you of your flash talk or poster acceptance. At that time, a link will be provided for you to upload your flash talk file or poster file for printing.
- Flash talks and posters will be judged by volunteers from OSC and outside institutions.
- Flash talks will be judged by the audience and a set of OSC staff.
- Only students, at any level, will be considered for first and second place awards:
- First-place flash talk and poster winners will receive a grant of 5,000 RUs and be highlighted in OSC's Annual Research Report.
- Second-place flash talk and poster winners will receive a grant of 2,500 RUs.
- Other presenters will receive a grant of 1,000 RUs.
- The posters should be 32" tall and 45" wide. (NOTE: OSC offers to print out posters free of charge)
We encourage posters by students just starting their work, to show creative ideas on how high-performance computing will enhance their research.
To learn how these competitions will be scored, please see below.
All feedback from the poster and flash talk sessions will be sent to the presenter. We ensure that there is no identifying information submitted with the feedback.
Poster judges come from a variety of backgrounds, disciplines, and institutions. In order to volunteer as a poster judge, you must not be a participant in the competition. If you are eligible, this will appear as a question upon registration. Alternatively, please contact OSC Help.
Flash talks will be judged by two OSC staff members and the audience. We trust that participants will not judge their own presentation, as this is anonymous.