COLUMBUS, Ohio -- MEDIA ADVISORY
- What: A Press Event on the Comprehensive Assessment of Ohio’s Standing in the Digital Economy
- Who: Governor Bob Taft, Ohio Board of Regents Chancellor Rod Chu, NCR Corporation CEO Lars Nyberg, and ECom-Ohio Statewide Steering Committee members
- When: May 22, 2000, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where: OSC (Ohio Supercomputer Center), 1224 Kinnear Road, Columbus
- Why: E-commerce will be a key driver of the new economy. Ohio is lagging behind other states (33rd of 50) in adapting to the new information economy. This study will determine strengths, and more importantly, weaknesses that must be addressed by Ohio leadership. Preliminary results, for example, indicate Ohio lagging other states in infrastructure, but ahead in citizen access.
- Content: Specific results and action plans from this year-long study of Ohio’s Internet capabilities will be released, with specific emphasis on regional information. Web-based information on the purpose and preliminary results of the study will be available on Monday, May 22 at http://www.ecom-ohio.org. Each regional convener will hold a simultaneous press conference using state-of-the-art technology to contact the main site in Columbus, Ohio.