- Name: Sophia
- Hometome: Athens, OH
- Land Use: Urban
- Favorite foods: Beef Jerky, Brownies, steak
- Favorite colors: Purple (mostly dark purple), maroon, black
- Favorite music/bands: Maroon 5, ABBA, Jason Mraz, Nancy Agram, Ruby
- Favorite animal: ALL ANIMALS
- Hobbies: Reading, drawing and other art, tennis, being with friends
My Field Trip to Big Darby Creek
We went to Big Darby Creek and counted lots of bugs. We took kick nets into the river and two people stuck the two poles of the net into the rocks so the net was slanted vertically in the water. Then the other two people did the Darby Shuffle to lift up the rocks and mud to catch all of the critters. Once we were satisfied, we took the net back to the shore and picked out as many of the macroinvertebrates as we could. We found larvae, crayfish, water pennies, and lots more. We also tested the water by using different chemical tests to measure things like the dissolved oxygen, nitrogen levels, PH, and the hardness of the water.
The Project Presentation is available here.
I use google to learn more about HTML.
Here's the webpage that i created: .Zip
Here is ywsi.
|Liz||Bowling Green, Ohio||Urban|
Top 3 Favorite Things about YWSI
- Tour of Campus (seeing the big tree)
- Chemically testing the water samples
- Making new friends for life