Changes to HPC systems are listed below, optionally filtered by system.
- LS-TaSC 3.0 has been installed on Oakley, and is available by loading the lstasc module on Oakley.
- A software page had been created for LS-TaSC with more information on this package.
- A module lspp has been created for LS-PrePost 4.0 on Oakley, and the LS-PrePost software page has been updated to reflect the change.
- SIESTA 3.2 has been installed on Oakley, and is available by loading the siesta module for the serial package, and siesta_par module for the parallel package.
- A software page has been created that provides instructions for batch use of SIESTA on Oakley.
- Added the following versions of MATLAB to Oakley:
- Updated the MATLAB software page to reflect system changes.
CUDA 5.5 has been installed on Oakley and Glenn, and is available by loading the
cuda-5.5 module on Glenn, and the
cuda/5.5 module on Oakley.
We have added two login nodes to Glenn (opt-login05 and opt-login06), which are quad-socket computers with 64 GB of RAM. These were previously used as large memory nodes on Glenn, and will provide greater resources to the shared environment on the login nodes.
The operating systems on Glenn and Oakley have been updated. Glenn is now Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10, and Oakley is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5.
The ANSYS and ABAQUS modules on Glenn and Oakley have been modified to allow all users to select the base module instead of special modules, which was previously required for licensing purposes. For example, if you wish to use ANSYS 14 on Oakley, all users should load the ansys/14 module (not 14-com or 14-nimbis), and they will automatically be pointed at the correct license server.